This photograph shows the staff of the Premier Drapery Company. It was taken in The Square, with the PDC building behind (now The Plaza). The Premier Drapery Company was established in 1915. In 1956, it was renamed the Premier Department Store, when the company was taken over by the Manawatu Co-Op Society. It was closed in 1990 and demolished to make way for the Plaza Mall.Back row, from left: ? Toomath, Albert Mollett, Keith Friend, John Glasgow, Jack Jensen, Bill Howell, Ray Blair, ? Sorenson, ? O’Meagan, ? Ellison, ? Meyer, ? Elsmore, Bert Holdsworth. Second row from back: Mrs Just, ? McMillan, Phyllis Valentine, Flora Irwin, Pat Cox, Lesley Mew, Marion Sanne, Joan Skeates, Maureen Hardy, Elva Hansen, Mavis Hanlon, ? Elsmore, Florence Ram, ? McKirdy, ? Dobson, Noel?. Third row from back: Norma Nott, Joy Dunstan, Joan Storey, Margaret Bigham, Eileen Quinn, Maureen Duncan, Joyce Guthrie, ? Elsmore, Dawn? Elsmore, ? Smillie, ? Jones, ? Whitaker, Zelda Garrick, Ivy Mills, ? Bardaboes, Jean Blackbourne, ? Jackson Front row: ?Packer-Doust, Helena Houseman, Lionel Orme, Betty Harris, Ron McCarty, ? Carlisle, George Orme, Bill Sexton (Manager), Andrew McKecknie (Secretary), Ethanie Harrison, Alan Harris, Eugenie Moseley, Frank Honore, Eila Francis, ? Gough (row contains Heads of Departments)See also Pg109.