Skip to Content
Palmerston North Opera House 1

More Info →Palmerston North Opera House

The Municipal Opera House, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected for the Palmerston North Borough Council in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished. The postcard bears no stamp or date, so the date is based on other postcards that show the same scene.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2016P_Postcard49_013233
Title
Palmerston North Opera House
Format
Colour print
Held In
Coolstore
Archive
Postcard Collection

Related items

Palmerston North Opera House
Church Street, 1977
Evening Standard Offices, Main Street East
St Andrews Church, Church Street
Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Municipal Opera House
Church Street
Church Street
Interior of St Andrews Church, Palmerston North
St Andrews' Midgets Soccer team
St Andrew's Church Jubilee Souvenir, 1879-1929

Creation

Created By
Date
circa 1912

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Opera House
Church Street, 1977
Evening Standard Offices, Main Street East
St Andrews Church, Church Street
Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Municipal Opera House
Church Street
Church Street
Interior of St Andrews Church, Palmerston North
St Andrews' Midgets Soccer team
St Andrew's Church Jubilee Souvenir, 1879-1929

User comments