Skip to Content

More Info →Former RSA Soldiers Club

The former RSA 'Soldiers Club' was built on the corner of Cuba and George Streets for the Manawatu Patriotic Society and completed in 1917 to a design from the firm of L G West & Son. The building was used by the RSA until 1966 when it was sold to a private owner. Currently it houses Cafe Cuba on the ground floor whose outdoor tables can be seen occupying the footpath along Cuba Street. The building is well preserved and contains many of the original design features including cast iron columns along the verandah.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008BD_IMCA-DigitalArchive_003048
Title
Former RSA Soldiers Club
Relation
Local History Week 2008 Photograph Collection
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Former RSA Soldiers Club
T & G Building, Broadway Avenue
T & G Building, Broadway Avenue
42 - 50 George Street, Palmerston North
'Hillcrest', 544 Featherston Street
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Church Street
Hotel Carlton, Cuba Street
The Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
St Andrews in the City, Church Street
All Saints Church, Church Street
Salvation Army Junior Hall, King Street
Municipal Chamber in The Square - 1950

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
April 10, 2008

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags
car,
historic places trust,
motor scooter,

Report a problem

Related items

Former RSA Soldiers Club
T & G Building, Broadway Avenue
T & G Building, Broadway Avenue
42 - 50 George Street, Palmerston North
'Hillcrest', 544 Featherston Street
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Church Street
Hotel Carlton, Cuba Street
The Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
St Andrews in the City, Church Street
All Saints Church, Church Street
Salvation Army Junior Hall, King Street
Municipal Chamber in The Square - 1950

User comments