Skip to Content

More Info →Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue

The Salvation Army established itself in Palmerston North in 1883. They purchased the lodge, opened in June 1973, to use as an emergency accommodation and assistance centre. A three bedroom extension to the lodge was added to the building in 1975. Captain Keith R Sunkel was the Director of the Lodge.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_C57_3480
Title
Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue
Relation
Public Photograph Collection C57
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue
Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue
House, Victoria Avenue
Municipal Chambers and All Saints Church, Church Street
Highden Manor Estate, Awahuri
56 Brightwater Terrace
349 College Street
349 College Street
United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Fitzherbert Park Sportground Grandstand
Council Chamber, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
September 14, 1975

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Evening Standard

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue
Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue
House, Victoria Avenue
Municipal Chambers and All Saints Church, Church Street
Highden Manor Estate, Awahuri
56 Brightwater Terrace
349 College Street
349 College Street
United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Fitzherbert Park Sportground Grandstand
Council Chamber, The Square

User comments