The building, designed by L G West and Son, was constructed as social rooms for the Palmerston North ANZAC Club and Manawatu Patriotic Society, in 1917. The verandah was enclosed in 1920 and 1945. In 1974 it was bought by the PNCC. Currently it is run as shops and a café on the street frontage (2008). To the left is the back of the former Midland Hotel, whose entrance was off Coleman Mall.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Former Returned Servicemen's Club and Midland Hotel, corner of George and Cuba Streets
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive