Skip to Content

The building, designed by L G West and Son, was constructed as social rooms for the ANZAC Club and Manawatu Patriotic Society, in 1917. The verandah was enclosed in 1920 and 1945. In 1974 it was bought by the PNCC. Currently it is run as shops and a café on the street frontage (2010).

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bc 357
Date
February 11, 1982
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bc357_BUI_2614
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Former Returned Servicemans Club rooms, corner of Cuba and George Streets
Nash Building and Andrews Building, George Street
George Street, between Coleman Place and Cuba Street
Government Buildings, corner of George and Cuba Streets
Intersection of George Street and Cuba Street
Intersection of George Street and Cuba Street
Former Returned Servicemen's Club and Midland Hotel, corner of George and Cuba Streets
56 Brightwater Terrace
Main Staircase of Caccia Birch House
Civic Administration Building, The Square
11 Bourke Street
Interior of Hoffman brick kiln, Featherston Street

Taxonomy

Tags
1980s,
black and white,
buildings,
george street,
photographs,
rsa,
soldier,
Community Tags
car,

Report a problem

Related items

Former Returned Servicemans Club rooms, corner of Cuba and George Streets
Nash Building and Andrews Building, George Street
George Street, between Coleman Place and Cuba Street
Government Buildings, corner of George and Cuba Streets
Intersection of George Street and Cuba Street
Intersection of George Street and Cuba Street
Former Returned Servicemen's Club and Midland Hotel, corner of George and Cuba Streets
56 Brightwater Terrace
Main Staircase of Caccia Birch House
Civic Administration Building, The Square
11 Bourke Street
Interior of Hoffman brick kiln, Featherston Street