Skip to Content

More Info →'Cluny Park' homestead, Rangitikei Line

'Cluny Park' was built in 1893 by Hobner Brothers for William Manson on the subdivision of his brother John’s estate. The outstanding feature of the homestead was the turret or belvedere on its roof, which was removed by Mr Carson between 1924 – 1926. Cluny Park was also owned for a time by George Matthew Snelson, the first Mayor of Palmerston North.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur58_3168
Title
'Cluny Park' homestead, Rangitikei Line
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 58
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

'Cluny Park' homestead, Rangitikei Line
70 Linton Street, Palmerston North
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
16 Guy Avenue
Caccia Birch House, Te Awe Awe Street
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue
16 Guy Avenue
Caccia Birch House from the back, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
Caccia Birch House front entrance
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
11 Bourke Street
Back view of Monrad homestead, Karere

Creation

Created By
Place
726 Rangitikei Line, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1924 to circa 1926

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

'Cluny Park' homestead, Rangitikei Line
70 Linton Street, Palmerston North
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
16 Guy Avenue
Caccia Birch House, Te Awe Awe Street
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue
16 Guy Avenue
Caccia Birch House from the back, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
Caccia Birch House front entrance
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
11 Bourke Street
Back view of Monrad homestead, Karere

User comments