The driveway leads up to the large 'Main Building' at centre, to the right of which can be seen the swimming pool in the trees. Behind the Main Building is the former 'Tiritea' homestead, the Principal's residence. Behind and to the left, can be seen the grassed oval, with student accomodation (at bottom of Oval)and heading clockwise, the Refectory (dining facitilies) and the Pink hostel, built during WWII as a Staff College. Behind are the temporary barracks left from the war to serve as student accommodation. To the rear and in the foreground can be seen the home farm lands that served the College. On the right is 'Wharerata', the Russell homestead, which was acquired by the College in 1951. The buildings as mentioned are still part of Massey University today, except for the former barracks.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Aerial photograph of Massey Agricultural College
- Held In