Massey Agricultural College opened in 1928. In the first few years the campus was developed on the McHardy property, where Massey University stands today. In the foreground can be seen the Refectory which held the dining hall and kitchens. Behind can be seen part of the McHardy homestead, originally built in 1901 for Richard Abraham, which was split in two and moved back to create the Vice-Chancellor’s residence and the Registry (not seen in this photgraph).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Vice-Chancellor's residence and Refectory building, Massey Agricultural College
- Held In