Skip to Content

More Info →Massey Agricultural College

Massey Agricultural College was opened in 1928. This photograph looks across Riverbank Road in Fitzherbert towards the campus on the old McHardy property. Centre can be seen the Main Science building, with the Refectory to the left and 'Wharerata', still owned by the Russell family, to the right. In the foreground are the training and experimental farmlands on the 'Batchelar flats', the original site of the College.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Ma53_TER_1387
Title
Massey Agricultural College
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Ma 53
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Agricultural Science Building, the “Main Building”.
Massey University
Massey University accommodation block
Aerial view of Massey Agricutural College
Massey Agricultural College
Moving Fitzherbert House onto the Massey University campus
Aerial photograph of Massey Agricultural College
Water Tower, Massey University
Massey University concourse
'The Pink Hostel', Massey Agricultural College
Vice-Chancellor's residence and Refectory building, Massey Agricultural College
Entrance to the Old Main Science building, Massey University

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1939

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Agricultural Science Building, the “Main Building”.
Massey University
Massey University accommodation block
Aerial view of Massey Agricutural College
Massey Agricultural College
Moving Fitzherbert House onto the Massey University campus
Aerial photograph of Massey Agricultural College
Water Tower, Massey University
Massey University concourse
'The Pink Hostel', Massey Agricultural College
Vice-Chancellor's residence and Refectory building, Massey Agricultural College
Entrance to the Old Main Science building, Massey University

User comments