Skip to Content

More Info →Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North

James Elwyn Mair Davis built the house at 171 Albert Street in 1924, for his family. He married Harriet Nelson 24 June 1896 in Palmerston North, and they had 7 children. They moved to Palmerston North c1910, after farming in the Tiritea /Fitzherbert area. The house was renumbered in the 1930s as 171 Albert Street.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_IMCA-DigitalMaster_005563
Title
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Relation
IMCA Digital Archive 2011
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
56 Linton Street ready for removal
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
Monrad Farmhouse
104 Napier Road
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1924

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
56 Linton Street ready for removal
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
Monrad Farmhouse
104 Napier Road
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street

User comments