Skip to Content

More Info →Libertyland Factory Staff at Tea

Libertyland staff enjoy morning tea at the Libertyland Factory in Palmerston North. R W H Symington and Co. (N Z) Ltd first established themselves in New Zealand in 1934. Specialising in corsetry and underwear manufacturing, a small factory was built in Palmerston North in 1937, and the main "Libertyland " factory was completed and opened in 1946. The company was acquired by Courtalds Pty (UK) in 1965 and then in 1990 became a wholly owed subsidy of Lane Walker Rudkin (LWR) lndustries Ltd, New Zealand’s largest textile garment company. Libertyland closed to business in July 2009, and was demolished in 2012.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2015P_2010-26_012424
Title
Libertyland Factory Staff at Tea
Relation
Coolstore - 2010-26
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Libertyland Factory Staff at Tea
Machinists at Libertyland Factory
Machinists at Libertyland Factory
Libertyland Factory during a Flood
Libertyland Factory
'Join the Women's Land Service' pamphlet
New Zealand Women’s Land Service Handbook of Information
Manawatu Land Service Club
Women working on Farm During World War II, Palmerston North
'Join the Women's Land Service' poster
"Enjoying The Sunshine In The Square"
"Interested Spectators" Watching Equestrian Events at Royal Show

Creation

Created By
Place
corner of Tremaine and Roy Street
Date
1950s

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Libertyland Factory Staff at Tea
Machinists at Libertyland Factory
Machinists at Libertyland Factory
Libertyland Factory during a Flood
Libertyland Factory
'Join the Women's Land Service' pamphlet
New Zealand Women’s Land Service Handbook of Information
Manawatu Land Service Club
Women working on Farm During World War II, Palmerston North
'Join the Women's Land Service' poster
"Enjoying The Sunshine In The Square"
"Interested Spectators" Watching Equestrian Events at Royal Show

User comments