Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Post Office

A new Post Office for Palmerston North was completed and opened in 1906, on the corner of Main Street and The Square. The building was later extended along Main Street, and the tower was removed after the 1942 Wairarapa earthquake, as it was considered unsafe. The clock and chimes put into storage until reinstated in a clock tower in The Square, which was completed in 1957.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Po19_007777
Title
Palmerston North Post Office
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Po19
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
“Post & Telegraph Office” Postcard
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Post Office, Shannon
Bulls Post Office

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
1906

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
“Post & Telegraph Office” Postcard
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Post Office, Shannon
Bulls Post Office

User comments