Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Post Office

This building was Palmerston North’s fourth Post Office, operating from 1906-1988. It was extended towards Broadway and up Main Street in the early 1920s and in 1937. It was originally built with a clock tower but this was removed in 1942 for safety reasons and the clock and chimes were re-housed in the ‘new’ clock tower in The Square in 1957. The building is currently used as a bar and cafe. (2015) This commemorative card was created as part of a series of eight replicating scenes of Palmerston North.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Po36_007524
Title
Palmerston North Post Office
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Po 36
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Post Office
“Post & Telegraph Office” Postcard
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Post Office, Shannon
Bulls Post Office
The Square, Palmerston North
A View of The Square Before The Lakelet
Palmerston North "Posting Album"
Sorting Parcels
Sorting Parcels

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1930 to circa 1939

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Post Office
“Post & Telegraph Office” Postcard
Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Post Office, Shannon
Bulls Post Office
The Square, Palmerston North
A View of The Square Before The Lakelet
Palmerston North "Posting Album"
Sorting Parcels
Sorting Parcels

User comments