The C M Ross Building is seen here decorated to celebrate the coronation of King George VI in 1937. The main C M Ross Co building was built in 1927 to replace the ageing buildings used previously. This building has been owned by a variety of entities, including DIC and Arthur Barnetts. It now operates as the City Library and Community Services. Though much of the building was redeveloped when it became the City Library in 1996, the second floor, the old home of the Rosco Tea Rooms and now Research and Archives, retains much of charm of the original building.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- C M Ross Building (Roscos Deparment Store), The Square
- Held In