Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Golf Club

The Palmerston North Golf Club was formed in 1930 and originally sited as in this photograph, off the corner of Botanical and Park Roads. During World War Two the course was commandeered by the Army and the Club went into recess. The grounds were restored after the War and the Club remained on this site until the early 1960s when City Council acquired the land for housing. The Club relocated to No 100 Brightwater Terrace, Terrace End. The current course is an 18 hole golf course situated 4kms from the city centre.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sp143_008825
Title
Palmerston North Golf Club
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sp 143
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Golf Club
Palmerston North Golf Club
Three Streets in Palmerston North (Hokowhitu and West End)
Looking Across The Square to Coleman Place
Palmerston North Golf Course, Brightwater Terrace
Hokowhitu Golf Club
Palmerston North Golf Course, Brightwater Terrace
Former Awatapu Golf Links
J A Nash and Mrs Elizabeth Nash playing Bowls
Takaro Bowling Club
F E Watson's Tennis Courts, Church Street
Palmerston North Bowling Club, Taonui Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Botanical and Park Raod, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1930 to circa 1939

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Golf Club
Palmerston North Golf Club
Three Streets in Palmerston North (Hokowhitu and West End)
Looking Across The Square to Coleman Place
Palmerston North Golf Course, Brightwater Terrace
Hokowhitu Golf Club
Palmerston North Golf Course, Brightwater Terrace
Former Awatapu Golf Links
J A Nash and Mrs Elizabeth Nash playing Bowls
Takaro Bowling Club
F E Watson's Tennis Courts, Church Street
Palmerston North Bowling Club, Taonui Street

User comments