This building was designed by Ernest Larcomb. Messrs Sollitt Bros erected this building in 1905-06 for Thomas Martyn Holland. The first occupant was the Wellington and Manawatu Hardware Company, which later amalgamated with Messrs J.A. Nash & Co. Ltd. Behind this shop was one in Coleman Place, and in 1906, they were joined and christened ‘The Arcade’. Nash sold the shops in 1907. Between about 1911 and 1921, the Nonpareil Motor Company occupied The Arcade. However, by 1922, The Arcade, and the link between the two buildings, was closed.
Chas J. Adams Ltd. used the building from 1922 until 1924, then The Universal Supply Company from 1924 for the next five decades.
The photographer, Joe Sing, bought it in 1971. In 1978, the building was altered to accommodate both the photography shop, and a small fruit and vege shop that was run by Joe Sing’s mother until about 1987. Mr Models has occupied it since about 1994.