Section 1: The Crown Studios; Pegdens Furniture Warehouse; H.S. Porteous, grocer; DM George, draper and clothier; Wacker's Zealandia Shoe Repair Depot; B.H. Just, nurseryman; Bert Pratt, Hairdressers and Tobacconist; Occidental Hotel - built in the 1880s and destroyed by fire in 1927; Statue of Te Peeti Te Awe Awe.
Section 2: At rear left can be seen the Bank of New Zealand on the corner of Fitzherbert Street. At rear right is the All Saints Church and the Grand Hotel on either side of the Church Street corner. In the forefront can be seen the central strip of The Square, which was dominated by the train track running through it.
Section 3: The scene shows the central strip of The Square, which was dominated by the train track running through it, and beyond to the Main Street yards and train station. Visible: "Daily Times" (remained on this site until 1913); W Park's bookshop - remained here until about 1910; Richard Leary's chemist shop was on this site until 1937; The Coles Building, erected in 1902; Railway Station, Main Street West (lcoated here until 1963); Band Rotunda (1908); Kind Edward VII Memorial (1902)
Section 4: The scene is of The Square from Main Street (on left) through to Coleman Mall. At this time Rangitikei Street stretched into The Square (as shown) and a road ran alongside the central strip, which had the train track running through it.Visible: Child's Commercial Hotel; CM Ross Co (est. 1883); Union Bank of Australia (1882)
Section 5: The scene shows The Square from the Coleman Mall corner (at left) through to Rangitikei Street corner on the right. In the foreground can be seen one of the two cannons, purchased from the Government by the Palmerston North Borough Council.Visible: Manawatu Tea Rooms (opened 1905); Clarendon Hotel (rebuilt in 1904 after a fire destroyed the original 2 storey wooden building); Old Gun - placed in the Square by the City Council 1909.
Section 6: The scene shows The Square from the Bank of New Zealand on the corner of Rangitikei Street, through to the beginning of Broadway.Visible: Bank of New Zealand (corner Rangitikei Street and the Square); Watchorn's drapery moved here from the PCD site in 1908.