This postcard looks from Main Street East to Church Street. The building second from left is the United Farmers' Cooperative Association, which occupied the building from 1895-1908. Millar and Giorgi's building was opened in 1902. The second building was erected after a fire in 1910. In front of the UFCA building is the Kind Edward Coronation Memorial, now know as the Coronation Fountain. It was built in 1904 to mark the coronation of King Edward VII. It has been moved several times - once to the corner of the Square near the City Library to make way for the War Memorial (built 1925) and again in 2005 to the corner of the Square near Broadway Avenue.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The East Corner of The Square
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive