Skip to Content

More Info →"Tiritea", residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert

This photograph was taken from the bluff on the north bank of the Tiritea Stream, looking across to Richard Slingsby Abraham’s two-storied residence “Tiritea', constructed in 1903. In the 1920s the McHardy Estate, as it later became, was acquired for the site of Massey Agricultural College. In 1929 the house was cut in two and both parts moved further back, to make way for the the 'Old Main Building'. One half then became the Registry and the other half the Principal's residence.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur3_3143
Title
"Tiritea", residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

"Tiritea", residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1909

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

"Tiritea", residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street

User comments