Skip to Content

More Info →Club Hotel, Church Street

The Club Hotel was on the corner of The Square and Church Street East. In 1976 the Consumers Co-op purchased the property to use it as temporary accommodation while their site was being redeveloped. In 1977 the right hand section of the Club Hotel (as seen) was then demolished for new PDC extensions. The left hand section, built 1905, is on the PNCC Heritage Inventory and remains today as a retail business (2009).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Ho28_BUI_1718
Title
Club Hotel, Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Club Hotel, Church Street
PDC department store, The Square
PDC department store, The Square
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 1
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 2
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 3
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 2
Premier Department Company display window
Oral Interview - Colin Dyer, part 2
Oral interview - Colin Dyer, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 3

Creation

Created By
Place
Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
May 16, 1976

Object rights

Credit Line
The Tribune

Taxonomy

Community Tags
car,
van,

Report a problem

Related items

Club Hotel, Church Street
PDC department store, The Square
PDC department store, The Square
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 1
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 2
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 3
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 2
Premier Department Company display window
Oral Interview - Colin Dyer, part 2
Oral interview - Colin Dyer, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 3

User comments