John and Thomas Watson purchased the grocery, hardware, produce and crockery departments of Palmerston North's United Farmers' Co-Operative Association in 1910, and began trading as Watson Brothers. Sometime later, before 1937, it was taken over by a local syndiate and floated into a limited company of Watson Bros. Ltd. The photograph shows the interior displays of the shop, situated between Main Street and Church Street west on The Square.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Interior of Watson Bros, The Square
- Held In