Arthur Hopwood, of Hopwood Hardward Co. Ltd, gifted the city of Palmerston North £10,000 to build a new clock tower to house the clock and chimes removed from the Post Office after the 1942 Wairarapa earthquake. it was sited near the middle of The Square and completed in 1957.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Arthur Hopwood signing Clock Tower contract documents
- Held In