Palmerston North Public Hospital opened in 1893. This new Clinical Services block was constructed and opened in stages c1970-1976. It housed wards, a new Accident and Emergency Department, x-ray, outpatients, social work, laboratory, operating theatre suite, radiotherapy and associated departments, a new telephone exchange and a cafe. William Thorrold Jaggard, a Palmerston North architect, was employed by Gilman, Garry, Clapp and Sayers (Hamilton Architects) to act as supervisor during the construction.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Clinical Services block, Palmerston North Public Hospital
- Held In