Northcote Hospital on Grey Street is seen here in 1944 soon after the completion of extensive renovations. The building was built about 1904 for Mrs Freeman for use as a private hospital. The improvements of 1944 was financed by Miss Flower, designed by Mr R Thorrold-Jaggard and constructed by the McMillan brothers. When it reopened in late 1944 the hospital was described as one of the most up-to-date private hospitals in the country.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Northcote private hospital, Grey Street
- Held In