Skip to Content

The original band rotunda was built in 1899 and this was moved to the Victoria Esplanade in 1907. A second rotunda (seen here) was built in 1907, but pulled down in 1956 to make way for the Hopwood Tower.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sq191_008634
Title
Band Rotunda in the Square
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 191
Date
1950

Related items

Band Rotunda in the Square
Lakelet in The Square
Patricia Hayes and Raewyn Doolan
A Child Plays in the Fountain
Patricia Hayes and Jan Rodgers
A View of the Square
A View of The Square
Railway line running through The Square
Cannon and Lakelet in The Square
Christmas Lights on Broadway Avenue
Patricia and Diane Hayes
The Lakelet and Cannon

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
1950s,
band rotunda,
bicycle,
black and white,
children,
fun,
photographs,
post office,
rotunda,
summer,
t&g,
the australasian temperance and general mutual life assurance society ltd,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Band Rotunda in the Square
Lakelet in The Square
Patricia Hayes and Raewyn Doolan
A Child Plays in the Fountain
Patricia Hayes and Jan Rodgers
A View of the Square
A View of The Square
Railway line running through The Square
Cannon and Lakelet in The Square
Christmas Lights on Broadway Avenue
Patricia and Diane Hayes
The Lakelet and Cannon