Skip to Content

More Info →Band Rotunda in the Square

This photograph was taken from the middle of The Square and looks towards Main Street East. The rotunda on the right was the second to sit in The Square. The first, built in 1889, was removed to the Victoria Esplanade to make way for this larger structure in 1907. The larger rotunda was demolished to make room for the Hopwood Clock Tower in 1956.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sq370_008961
Title
Band Rotunda in the Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 370
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Band Rotunda in the Square
Lakelet in The Square
Band Rotunda in The Square
Band Rotunda in the Square
Palmerston North Post Office
Looking across The Square to Main Street.
A View of the Square
Coronation Memorial Fountain
Railway line running through The Square
A View of The Square from All Saints Church
King Edward VII Memorial Fountain, The Square
The Original Band Rotunda

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1915

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Band Rotunda in the Square
Lakelet in The Square
Band Rotunda in The Square
Band Rotunda in the Square
Palmerston North Post Office
Looking across The Square to Main Street.
A View of the Square
Coronation Memorial Fountain
Railway line running through The Square
A View of The Square from All Saints Church
King Edward VII Memorial Fountain, The Square
The Original Band Rotunda

User comments