Samuel Jickell, shown here on the far right at the foot of the construction, was Palmerston North Borough Engineer from 1904-1919. This dam was originally completed in 1907 but was raised to 50 feet in 1912. It was officially opened February 17 1913. This enlarged dam remained in use until 1957 when a 100 ft high dam was constructed.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of the Spillway of the Lower Turitea Dam
- B&W print
- Held In