Skip to Content

The Queen Street Hall, designed by E V West of L G West, Son and Hornibrook, was opened in 1936. The Brethren Church held their first meeting in Palmerston North c1882, in Main Street. Since then they worshipped in various parts of the city, including Terrace End, Queen Street, Lyndhurst Street and Vogel Street. This building has now been replaced by another, called the Queen Street Chapel.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection C 12
Date
1939
Digitisation ID
2010N_C12_3317
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

All Saints Church, Church Street
Montage of Palmerston North churches
St Pauls and Trinity Methodist Youth Group building, Broadway
Interior of St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Church of Christ, Campbell Street
St Thomas Church, Sanson
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Chapel, former Foxton Convent
St. Andrews Church and Opera House Service Station, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Second All Saints Church - c 1914
Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue

Taxonomy

Tags
buildings,
photographs,
religion,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

All Saints Church, Church Street
Montage of Palmerston North churches
St Pauls and Trinity Methodist Youth Group building, Broadway
Interior of St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Church of Christ, Campbell Street
St Thomas Church, Sanson
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Chapel, former Foxton Convent
St. Andrews Church and Opera House Service Station, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Second All Saints Church - c 1914
Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue