The building was decorated for the visit of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, when they visited Palmerston North 6-7 January 1954. The Royal Civic dinner was held in the Rosco tearooms on the 2nd floor. C M Ross Co. Ltd was one of the foremost department stores of Palmerston North and operated in The Square from 1883 until it was sold to Milne and Choyce in 1959.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- C M Ross Co. Ltd at night during Royal visit
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive