The new City Library building was originally built as the C M Ross department store in 1928. It was bought by the City Council and renovated as the new Library, opening 1996. This view is of the conversion of the former tearooms on the second floor, and shows the original rosewood panelling being exposed. This was a feature of the tearooms, but has now been removed.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of the new Palmerston North City Library
- Held In
- PNCC Archives