Skip to Content
Loading pdf....

View PDF

More Info →History of "The Glitter Ball"

A glitter ball was installed in the then De Luxe Theatre in George Street, in C. 1932. It remained in the building until its demolition in 1984. The 'De Luxe Theatre' started life as His Majesty's Theatre in 1911, and changed functions and names over the years, to: His Majesty's Skating Rink; a storage facility; an auction room; Paramount Theatre; De Luxe Skating Rink; De Luxe Dance Hall; Coconut Grove Ballroom; ANA Dance Hall; George Street Ballroom; Ballroom Astoria.

Identification

Object type
Multi-Page Document
Digitisation ID
2019Pa_A175-87_028169
Title
History of "The Glitter Ball"
Relation
Research File A175-87
Format
Paper
Held In
Research File

Related items

History of "The Glitter Ball"
Broadway Avenue Decorated for Royal Visit
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Broadway Ave Decorated for Centennial Celebrations
1954 Royal Visit Decorations
C M Ross department store dressed for Christmas
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Christmas Lights on Broadway Avenue
"Monster Christmas Decorations" Outside Milne and Choyce Ltd.
"Monster Christmas Decorations" Outside Milne and Choyce Ltd.
Christmas in Broadway Avenue
C M Ross Co. Ltd at night during Royal visit

Creation

Created By
Place
George Street, Palmerston North
Date
January 1985

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

History of "The Glitter Ball"
Broadway Avenue Decorated for Royal Visit
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Broadway Ave Decorated for Centennial Celebrations
1954 Royal Visit Decorations
C M Ross department store dressed for Christmas
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Christmas Lights on Broadway Avenue
"Monster Christmas Decorations" Outside Milne and Choyce Ltd.
"Monster Christmas Decorations" Outside Milne and Choyce Ltd.
Christmas in Broadway Avenue
C M Ross Co. Ltd at night during Royal visit

User comments