Skip to Content

More Info →Hall Chambers, corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square

Hall Chambers was built by the Palmerston North Borough Council and served as the Public Library 1929-1965. The site was sold to National Mutual Life in July 1973 and was demolished to make way for the new high rise NML building opened 1978.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bm45_BUI_1833
Title
Hall Chambers, corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Opening of Mort Andrews Garage PN Ltd, Tremaine Avenue
Hall Chambers, corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Bank of New Zealand, corner of The Square and Rangitikei Street
PDC department store, The Square
Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Bank of New South Wales, Rangitikei Street
Ralta factory fire, Tremaine Avenue
Child Brothers metal crushing depot and plant during flood, Albert Street
Coles building, The Square
Watson & Llewellyn's Union Coach factory & Shoeing Forge, Fitzherbert Avenue
Interior of Hoffman brick kiln, Featherston Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Fitzherbert Avenue, Palmerston North
Date
July 26, 1973

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Evening Standard

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Opening of Mort Andrews Garage PN Ltd, Tremaine Avenue
Hall Chambers, corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Bank of New Zealand, corner of The Square and Rangitikei Street
PDC department store, The Square
Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Bank of New South Wales, Rangitikei Street
Ralta factory fire, Tremaine Avenue
Child Brothers metal crushing depot and plant during flood, Albert Street
Coles building, The Square
Watson & Llewellyn's Union Coach factory & Shoeing Forge, Fitzherbert Avenue
Interior of Hoffman brick kiln, Featherston Street

User comments