Charles John Monro (1851-1933) was a local businessman. He built 'Craiglockhart' 1889-1890, on Riverbank Road, Fitzherbert West where he lived with his wife, Helena, and 5 children. The family sold 'Craiglockhart' to Massey Agricultural College in 1944. The children, pictured in the orchard on the Turitea river flat (where Grasslands Division of the DSIR was later located) are, from left: Linda, Mary and Hector (Peter) Monro.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Three Monro children in orchard at 'Craiglockhart'
- Held In