Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Public Hospital

Palmerston North Hospital was opened in 1893. This image shows the original hospital, with the addition of the new men’s ward and operating theatre, added in 1903. Another two-storied building, providing an additional women’s ward - the Alexandra Ward - and nurse’s accommodation was opened 25 September 1907

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_H4_004908
Title
Palmerston North Public Hospital
Relation
Public Photograph Collection H 4
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Nurses Hostel and car park, Palmerston North Public Hospital
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Aerial View of Palmerston North Public Hospital, Ruahine Street
Clinical Services block, Palmerston North Public Hospital
Cobalt Machine at Palmerston North Public Hospital
Palmerston North Public Hospital
Recovery Room at Palmerston North Public Hospital
Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Demolition of boiler chimney, Palmerston North Hospital
Boiler chimney, Palmerston North Hospital
Palmerston North Hospital

Creation

Created By
Place
Heretaunga Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1907

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Nurses Hostel and car park, Palmerston North Public Hospital
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Aerial View of Palmerston North Public Hospital, Ruahine Street
Clinical Services block, Palmerston North Public Hospital
Cobalt Machine at Palmerston North Public Hospital
Palmerston North Public Hospital
Recovery Room at Palmerston North Public Hospital
Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Demolition of boiler chimney, Palmerston North Hospital
Boiler chimney, Palmerston North Hospital
Palmerston North Hospital

User comments