Skip to Content

More Info →Montage of City Landmarks

This montage of photographs shows the landmarks of Palmerston North from the late 19th century. Upper row (from left) - State School, Bank of New Zealand, Railway Station, Post Office and Telephone Exchange. Middle row - Presbyterian Church (replaced by a larger building in 1893), Broad Street (with the Roman Catholic spire in a prominent position) and the Fitzherbert Bridge. Lower row - All Saints Anglican Church, the Union Bank of Australia, the Phoenix Hotel and the Star Hotel.

The photographs are part of a Christmas and New Year Greeting card.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Pn2_007761
Title
Montage of City Landmarks
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Pn2
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Montage of City Landmarks
Manawatu New Zealand promotional video - Chinese version in Mandarin
Mrs Annie Nairn and children
Charles Dahl's beach house
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School Committee
Opening of the Palmerston North Butts
Residence of Charles Dahl, Duke Street
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School
Upper Manawatu Gorge Bridge
Crossing the Manwatu River by punt at Ashhurst
Artillery display by Army Volunteers
Early View of The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1890 to circa 1893

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Montage of City Landmarks
Manawatu New Zealand promotional video - Chinese version in Mandarin
Mrs Annie Nairn and children
Charles Dahl's beach house
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School Committee
Opening of the Palmerston North Butts
Residence of Charles Dahl, Duke Street
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School
Upper Manawatu Gorge Bridge
Crossing the Manwatu River by punt at Ashhurst
Artillery display by Army Volunteers
Early View of The Square

User comments