Terrace End School, Ruahine Street. A previous original Terrace End School building was situated in Main Street in 1884. Mrs Harvey was the first teacher. In June 1884, the School was moved to Deard's Hall in Main Street, near its current location. Mr G.Nye was headmaster. He was followed by D.H. Guthrie, C.H. von Blaremberg and T. F. Fairbrother (by 1893). The School was moved to Terrace Street (renamed Ruahine Street in 1926) in September 1885. Several new buildings were constructed between 1927 and 1960.This photograph probably shows the new school building that was officially opened by R. A. Wright, Minister for Education, in July 1927.

Terrace End School
Identification
- Object type
- Image
- Digitisation ID
- 2012G_ELMAR-4_006384
- Title
- Terrace End School
- Held In
- Coolstore
Creation
- Created By
- Elmar Studios, 459 Main Street, Palmerston North
- Place
- Palmerston North
- Date
- 1940s
Object rights
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- License
- Attribution + NonCommercial
Taxonomy
- Community Tags
User comments