Skip to Content

More Info →Portion of The Square, Palmerston North

From left: All Saints Church (built in 1875), Provincial Hotel (burnt down on 3 January 1906 and replaced by the Grand Hotel), Daily Times newspaper office (operated in these premises until 1933), R Leary's Chemists (operated in these premises until 1913), William Parks Bookshop. In the right foreground is the original band rotunda, built in 1899. It was replaced with a larger one in 1907.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sq102_008872
Title
Portion of The Square, Palmerston North
Relation
Public Collection
Format
Postcard
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Portion of The Square, Palmerston North
The Square with Post Office and Te Awe Awe Statue
The Lakelet in the 1960s
The Square Decorated for Royal Visit
Colour Postcard of The Square
Colour Postcard of The Square from Church Street West to Main Street West
View of All Saint’s Anglican Church from The Square
Postcard of the Square - Church Street West through to Main Street West
The South-East Corner of The Square
"In The Square, Palmerston North"
Colour Postcard of “South View” of the Square
Palmerston North Souvenir Photo Cards - "In the Square"

Creation

Created By
Date
circa 1905

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Portion of The Square, Palmerston North
The Square with Post Office and Te Awe Awe Statue
The Lakelet in the 1960s
The Square Decorated for Royal Visit
Colour Postcard of The Square
Colour Postcard of The Square from Church Street West to Main Street West
View of All Saint’s Anglican Church from The Square
Postcard of the Square - Church Street West through to Main Street West
The South-East Corner of The Square
"In The Square, Palmerston North"
Colour Postcard of “South View” of the Square
Palmerston North Souvenir Photo Cards - "In the Square"

User comments