Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Post Office

This building was Palmerston North’s fourth Post Office, operating from 1906-1988. The original 1906 building was extended towards Broadway and up Main Street in the early 1920s and in 1937. It was originally built with a clock tower but this was removed in 1942 after an earthquake for safety reasons and the clock and chimes were re-housed in the Hopwood Clock Tower in The Square in 1957.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Po35_007523
Title
Palmerston North Post Office
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Po 35
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
“Post & Telegraph Office” Postcard
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Post Office, Shannon
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Bulls Post Office

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1950 to circa 1959

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
“Post & Telegraph Office” Postcard
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Post Office, Shannon
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Main Post Office
Palmerston North Post Office
Bulls Post Office

User comments