Skip to Content

More Info →Central Fire Station

This Fire Station was opened in 1926, the second to be built in Cuba Street. Two of the Fire Engines seen in the photo were in use at the old Fire Station and the third engine was purchased when this Station was constructed.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_F6_WOR_1419
Title
Central Fire Station
Relation
Public Photograph Collection F 6
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Central Fire Station
Turner's  Garage Ltd, Queen Street
Peace Procession
"The Old and the New" [fire engines]
Central Fire Station
Chimney construction, Foxton
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Prentice Family and Home
Electric Power House, Keith Street
Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board building, Feilding
'Totara' and 'Kowhai' family homes, corner of Cook and College Streets
House, Linton Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1939

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Central Fire Station
Turner's  Garage Ltd, Queen Street
Peace Procession
"The Old and the New" [fire engines]
Central Fire Station
Chimney construction, Foxton
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Prentice Family and Home
Electric Power House, Keith Street
Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board building, Feilding
'Totara' and 'Kowhai' family homes, corner of Cook and College Streets
House, Linton Street

User comments