Skip to Content

More Info →Central Fire Station

This Central Fire Station was located in Cuba Street, Palmerston North, and built in 1926 when the previous Station was outgrown. It could accommodate 5 fire engines and had living accommodation for the officers. It served as the Station until 1977 when new premises were opened in Cook Street.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_F35a_004660
Title
Central Fire Station
Relation
Public Photograph Collection F 35a
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Central Fire Station
27 Elmira Avenue
Cronin residence, 28 Manapouri Crescent
Saddlers, Foxton
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Turner's  Garage Ltd, Queen Street
Electric Power House, Keith Street
'Totara' and 'Kowhai' family homes, corner of Cook and College Streets
House, Linton Street
Tiritea Dairy, 418 Featherston Street
Palmerston North Hospital wards, Ruahine Street
All Saints Church

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1950

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Central Fire Station
27 Elmira Avenue
Cronin residence, 28 Manapouri Crescent
Saddlers, Foxton
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Turner's  Garage Ltd, Queen Street
Electric Power House, Keith Street
'Totara' and 'Kowhai' family homes, corner of Cook and College Streets
House, Linton Street
Tiritea Dairy, 418 Featherston Street
Palmerston North Hospital wards, Ruahine Street
All Saints Church

User comments