Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street

The Palmerston North Public Hospital was constructed at a cost of £3,700, and opened in November 1893. It was designed by Ernest Larcomb, the builders were Mr G. Carter and the first board chairman was George Snelson. Initially the staff consisted of Doctors McIntyre and Porter, Miss Ellen Dougherty, Matron and two nurses. The current hospital remains on the same site.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011N_H3_004744
Title
Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection H3
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Northcote Hospital, Grey Street
Northcote Hospital, Grey Street
Palmerston North Hospital wards, Ruahine Street
Montage of the Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street
Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street
Aorangi Hospital, Grey Street
'Aorangi' private hospital, Grey Street
Northcote private hospital, Grey Street
Northcote Hospital verandah, Grey Street
Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Nurses Hostel and car park, Palmerston North Public Hospital

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North Hospital, Heretaunga Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1904

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
Northcote Hospital, Grey Street
Northcote Hospital, Grey Street
Palmerston North Hospital wards, Ruahine Street
Montage of the Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street
Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street
Aorangi Hospital, Grey Street
'Aorangi' private hospital, Grey Street
Northcote private hospital, Grey Street
Northcote Hospital verandah, Grey Street
Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Nurses Hostel and car park, Palmerston North Public Hospital

User comments