The Palmerston North Public Hospital was constructed in 1893 at a cost of £3,700, with a pound for pound subsidy from the Government. It was built about a mile and a half from The Square in a northerly direction on a slight terrace, over-looking the town, which was presumed to give it a healthy position. The hospital remains on the same site today. The bottom picture gives a view of the original set up of a ward.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Montage of the Palmerston North Hospital, Ruahine Street
- Held In