The Municipal Opera House of Palmerston North, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished.The photograph also shows the second St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, built in 1893. This building was replaced by another church in 1957.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
- Held In