Skip to Content

The Municipal Opera House of Palmerston North, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 91
Date
1937
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bm91_BUI_2673
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Regent Theatre under Construction
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue

Taxonomy

Tags
architecture,
building,
buildings,
music,
pnbc,
pncc,
theatre,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Regent Theatre under Construction
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue