Skip to Content

More Info →'Craiglockhart', Riverbank Road, Fitzherbert

'Craiglockhart', in the trees, centre, was built for Charles John Monro c 1889-90, by the local firm Kibblewhite and Taylor. Mary Monro is in the trap on the road. The house was sold to Massey Agricultural College in 1943 and, named Moginie House, was used as female student accommodation. It is still used for student accommodation of Massey University, but the name has reverted to its original, 'Craiglockhart'

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Ma17_TER_1252
Title
'Craiglockhart', Riverbank Road, Fitzherbert
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Ma 17
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Massey Agricultural swimming pool
Refectory Building, Massey Agricultural College
'Craiglockhart', Riverbank Road, Fitzherbert
Vice-Chancellor's residence and Refectory building, Massey Agricultural College
Massey Agricultural College
Massey University
Agricultural Science Building, the “Main Building”.
Agricultural Science Building, the 'Old Main Building'
Moving Fitzherbert House onto the Massey University campus
Massey University accommodation block
Entrance to the Old Main Science building, Massey University
Massey University concourse

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1901

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

Massey Agricultural swimming pool
Refectory Building, Massey Agricultural College
'Craiglockhart', Riverbank Road, Fitzherbert
Vice-Chancellor's residence and Refectory building, Massey Agricultural College
Massey Agricultural College
Massey University
Agricultural Science Building, the “Main Building”.
Agricultural Science Building, the 'Old Main Building'
Moving Fitzherbert House onto the Massey University campus
Massey University accommodation block
Entrance to the Old Main Science building, Massey University
Massey University concourse

User comments