This image is from a series of souvenir cards that show various locations around Palmerston North. This card shows the old Post Office that once stood on Main Street East. It was opened in 1906. The building was later extended along Main Street, and the tower was removed after the 1942 Wairarapa earthquake, as it was considered unsafe. The clock and chimes put into storage until reinstated in a clock tower in The Square, which was completed in 1957. The building still stands today .