Development began on the Victoria Esplanade in Palmerston North, named to mark Queen Victoria's 60th jubilee, in 1897. The footpath as shown largely disappeared over the years due to slippage and plant growth. The bridge in the background is the first Fitzherbert Bridge, built 1877. The City Archives possesses two of this postcard - image 2 and 3 show the text on the back of each copy.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Riverbank walkway, Victoria Esplanade
- Held In