Skip to Content

More Info →Snelson Building and Totaranui, Main Street

'Totaranui', said to be one of the oldest residential properties in Palmerston North, was shifted to The Square during the centennial celebrations of 1970 - 1971. It was later moved its current site outside Te Manawa Museum in Church Street. The "G M Snelson" store is a replica of the first grocery store in Palmerston North, built by George Snelson in 1871. To the left is the Coles Building, which was demolished in 1974 to make way for the Palmerston North City Council Administration Building.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2015P_Mu17A_011383
Title
Snelson Building and Totaranui, Main Street
Format
Colour print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

The Story of Totaranui 1
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 3
Snelson Building and Totaranui, Main Street
Totaranui Herb Garden, Manawatu Museum 3
Totaranui Herb Garden, Manawatu Museum 7
The Story of Totaranui 2
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 1
'Totaranui’, Fitzroy Street
Totaranui, Door to Kitchen
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 8
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 9
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 6

Creation

Created By
Date
circa 1970

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags
colour,
fun,
main street,
totaranui,

Report a problem

Related items

The Story of Totaranui 1
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 3
Snelson Building and Totaranui, Main Street
Totaranui Herb Garden, Manawatu Museum 3
Totaranui Herb Garden, Manawatu Museum 7
The Story of Totaranui 2
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 1
'Totaranui’, Fitzroy Street
Totaranui, Door to Kitchen
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 8
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 9
Totaranui Pioneer Cottage at Manawatu Museum 6

User comments