The police station was opened by Peter Fraser (Minister of Police 1935-1949 and Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1940-1949) and Robert Semple (former Minister of Public Works) on 28/9/1938. It was designed by J.T. Mair, the Government Architect, and built by Bodell and Co. Ltd. See Ray Carter, Beyond the Call of Duty - A History of the Palmerston North Police District, Stylex Print. Palmerston North, 1988, p. 74.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North Police Station
- Held In